The eEXM-17 Alto was a versatile jack-of-all-trades, able to be equipped with specialised armour and optional equipment to fulfil any combat requirement. Over time, Earth Federation commanders developed a series of Alto archetypes for ease of deployment and use, such as the Commander Type, Long Range Combat Specification as well as the Alto Ground Type. The latter was especially favoured for its toughness, all-terrain ruggedness as well as heavy emphasis on fast and brutal combat in almost any situation, earning it a place as the vanguard in the ranks of terrestrial Federation commanders.
- Backpack-mounted 270mm linear cannon
- Backpack-mounted armature assist for 360mm rocket bazooka
- Twin shoulder-mounted 3-tube smoke and chaff launchers
- Arm-mounted anti-armour micro-missile tube
- Arm-mounted spiked combat shield
- Hand-wielded Medium Beam Rifle
- Twin leg-mounted 3-tube multi-ordnance missile launchers
- Twin 120mm anti-armour machine cannons
Fielded by Federation Commanders in the lush jungles of K-City, the Alto Ground Type [MBT] successfully held the ground against a tireless wave of Bryon Army machines. The MBTs were also able to take down a couple of the Bryon Army's prized Portanova Commander Types, clipping their wings and sending them crashing into the dense foliage.