Sunday, August 14, 2016

[Kit Insight] Bandai LBX Ikaros Force (Limited Gold Ver.) & LBX Custom Effect DX2 (Straight Builds)


I haven't built any LBX model kits before, since I am loathe to channel capital to yet another model kit line. Even so, I recognise the merits of the LBX line, and some of the mecha designs look great. 

I picked this limited edition gold-plated Ikaros Force from a toy sale held by Takashimaya in August. It was too good a deal to pass up as the set contains the Ikaros Force kit, the LBX Custom Effect DX2 add-ons, two LBX Weapon add-ons as well as a LBX Sticker Set for the grand total of S$15. Talk about a good deal!

LBX kits are fun to build and don't take a long time, with a decent range of articulation. I like how the parts are labelled according to the section of the kit it corresponds to, makes finding of parts that bit easier. The DX2 effect parts are just sweet, but that are a tad heavy due to their massive size.

I have one more LBX kit in my backlog, let's see if I can find the time to do a Painted Build of that one!

Gallery

























No comments:

Post a Comment